Tuesday, October 22, 2013

 
 
IMPACT!!!!
 

 

(I Timothy 4:12b - NLT) "Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity."
(Matt. 25: 42-45 NLT) "For I was hungry, and you didn’t feed me. I was thirsty, and you didn’t give me a drink. I was a stranger, and you didn’t invite me into your home. I was naked, and you didn’t give me clothing. I was sick and in prison, and you didn’t visit me. Then they will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and not help you?
And he will answer, ‘I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me."
 
 
Influence (To change something or someone)
Motivate (To be a motive or reason forsomething or someone)
Persuade (To urge or to cause someone to move by asking)
Accentuate (To intensify and give emphasis to something or someone)
Coach (To teach, train or instruct)
Transform (To change or alter something or someone)
 
          Take a moment and ask yourself, "Self, who have I impacted in my lifetime?" Who am I impacting now? Would others feel the impact I had on their lives even after I am no longer in the picture? Something to think about isn't it?  Jesus impacted his generation and the world and we should do the same.
          Each day we live we should make it our business to make an impact on someone. If it's nothing but a kind word, a complement, giving of our time, listening, sharing a laugh or a smile or just being there. We can take a step every day to try to impact someone else's life in a positive way. And although intentions of giving to others should be to help them, if done sincerely, this can be very rewarding and give us a great sense of accomplishment.
          Giving to others can be simple and really doesn't have to cost anything as some may believe.
What you accomplish will go way beyond the time spent in the act of helping. People remember back to how you helped them. If you are creative in what you do for them, this actually can be a great way for continuing to help them way beyond the time you actually donated.
          If we continually attempt to impact other people's lives in a positive way, we will be rewarded way beyond what we ever expected. Let us take the time and make time to impact SOMEONE ELSE's life today!  IMPACT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment