Wednesday, May 8, 2013

 
COVERED?
 
Exodus 13:21 - "And the Lord went before them by the day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night."
Psalms 23:4 - "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me: thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psalms 27:5 - "For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me upon a rock."
Psalms 56:11 - "In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me."
 
 
          There is a sense of security and peace of mind when you know you are covered and protected. Insured people don't have to worry about how they will repair their vehicle if they are involved in an accident or worry if they have enough to cover costs should unforeseen circumstances occur. Insurance is there to take the worry out of your life. So it is with having God in our lives. When we put Him first and include Him in all our plans, we can know that He will cover and protect us. We are covered by Him and the blood of His son, Jesus.
          The other day, I went to the store and before returning to my car, it started raining so hard. I make it a habit of keeping a compact-size umbrella in my purse in the event of rain. To avoid getting soaked, my umbrella provided protection from the wet weather. We get into our cars and go places with ease because we have confidence and feel protected in case we are in a mishap or accident because of our insurance. Insurance is a safety covering in case of accidents, loss, medical, etc. It's a good feeling of security to have knowing you are protected and covered.

          God is our Protector and provides the best protection to and for us. The children of Israel experienced His protection so many times after leaving Egypt and even during their time in the wilderness. We must not forget that no matter what seems to come at us or against us, God has His hands on us, around us, over us and with us to shield protect and cover His children. Even when we face unforeseen dangers, we are covered. You're in good hands with All-God! Covered?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment