Friday, May 31, 2013

THE NEED FOR A MANAGER
 
(Joshua 1:8) "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success".
(Psa. 37:24) "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way".
(Prov. 3:5-7) "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil".
Manager - one who manages, handles, directs and supervises direction in order to help one achieve and be successful.
           In businesses, places of employment, schools, churches, homes, relationships, finances, etc., there are managers in position. Are they necessary? Yes! Someone is needed to handle the affairs of the company, business and lives of those involved so things run orderly and efficiently. Those without managers will find chaos, disorganization with finances, files, paperwork and much more. People don't always like being managed or instructed, but with their skills, they can get things from point A to point B successfully.
           Case scenario - Being a gospel artist, I find it necessary for me to consult my manager (which happens to be my brother) before I make any decisions or accept engagements. His advise enables me to be productive, in accordance and to be conscientious about matters that I may not be updated on or have knowledge about in the music industry. There are times when I may feel like making a purchase for upcoming events and he may advise me whether or not it's in the budget or not. I can choose to obey him and trust what he's advising me, or I can refuse his advise and do it my way. My refusal to be managed may cause me problems down the road. 
           God wants to manage our lives. He even left us a Management Manual to study called the
B-I-B-L-E. In addition to the Bible, Jesus promised that he would not leave us "comfortless" or without a teacher or guide and sent the Holy Spirit (our spiritual manager). His job is to guide us. When you are led by the Spirit of God, you are the sons and daughters of God. There have been times in my own life that I've heard the manager (The Holy Spirit) speak to me what to do and didn't follow the instructions. After repenting to God, you can rest assure that my lesson was learned and I had no problems following instructions the next time.
          God only wants the best for us. If boundaries or restrictions are present, it's because He wants to protect and provide what's best and is the best for us. Let us resist the urge in trying to be our own manager and allow God and the Holy Spirit to be it for us. We will find that our lives, plans, desires and steps will be brighter and better with them in the control seat. Our prayer should be, "MANAGE ME LORD! Not my will, but thine be done. Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment