Monday, May 20, 2013

EXAMINATION TIME


 

 
 
 
Psa. 26:2 - "Examine me, O Lord, and prove me: try my reins and my heart".
Psa. 139:23 - "Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thoughts".
I Cor. 11:28b - "But let a man examine himself".
II Cor. 13:5a - "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith;
prove your own selves.
Examine - "To inspect, test, to evaluate, investigate to determine the condition, progress, knowledge or fitness of something or someone".

          If we be honest, how many of us like being examined? Whether it's by verbal or written tests, evaluations, physicals, etc., we may not like them but they are necessary. It allows us to see where our weaknesses, strengths, shortcomings, or whatever are found. By having these results, it will give us a clear picture of what we need to do to correct what's wrong. I love the cliche' "If it's not broke, don't fix it". May I add, "If it's broke, fix it"!
           Sometimes, it is necessary for us to examine ourselves. We may discover that we may fall short in areas we feel we don't want to admit. Pride, stubbornness and denial will cause us to miss the mark when we are examined. What will God see when He examines us? We must be honest with ourselves when results are given to us.
          Sometimes in being examined or tested, we may fall short of making the required grade or score to pass. Often, we may be given another chance to retest to improve our previous score. As believers, it is our duty to examine (not others) ourselves to see if we are passing God's inspection or examining process. Are we doing our best by trying to fulfill what He has required of us to do? Studying helps anyone who is about to be examined to have better results. We must make it a habit to study God's Word so when the time comes for us to be examined, we can excel in all areas.
          II Tim. 2:15 tells us to "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth". The Word of God is a one-in-all Study Guide if we take heed and do as it says. I've had test scores or results given back to me that I was ashamed of and not pleased with. My response was to try again to obtain better results. If I desired better results, I needed to study more, apply what was given to me to study and focus more to succeed at what I wanted to happen.
           Let us not despise examination time when it comes from God. When we are going through situations we may not clearly understand why, receive it as an exam. Exams don't last always. Some only lasts for a season. During that season, let's make up our minds to pass. Don't get discouraged or give up! If you fail, try and try again. Remember, tests only come to make us strong, wiser and better!

No comments:

Post a Comment