Thursday, April 25, 2013

 
 
 
A SECURE HIDING PLACE
 


(Psa. 27:5) "For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock."
(Psa. 32: 7a)  "Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble".
          In times of unforeseen and knowing dangers, we as humans, tend to run for cover or look for a place of safety to hide when and if we can. It's a good feeling to have knowing you have a safe haven to go where you are protected from someone or something. In nature, some mother hens use their wings to shield and protect their young while they are nesting to keep them safe from being a prey. I remember when my children were small and if they were afraid, they would grab my dress tail and hide behind it and behind me. They felt secure believing that mom would protect them.
           Isn't it great to know our God hides us in our times of trouble and even when we are not in trouble? He is our hiding place. He told Jehoshaphat that he didn't need to fight in the battle but to stand still and see the salvation of the Lord. In other words, "I will fight for you and protect you".
           Let us not allow the enemy to threaten us with his scare tactics and cause us to run. We have been given the power to conquer. The Word of God tells us to "resist" the devil and he, not you, will flee from you. God is our shield, our fortress, our strong tower where we can run and be safe. When the enemy comes in like a flood (Isa. 59:19b), the spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard (support/base) against him. It's so good to feel safe knowing we have a hiding place to escape in times of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment