Monday, June 24, 2013

EXTREME MIND MAKEOVER EDITION
 


(Rom. 12:2) "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."
(Eph. 4:23) "And be renewed in the spirit of your mind."
(Phil 4:8) "Finally, brethern, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
Transform - to change or convert
Renew- To restore, refresh, to make like new.
           There is a show on television I loved watching called, Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition. Just watching the chosen candidate being transformed from their start weight to their ending weight loss in one year was captivating and inspiring. Chris Powell, the series trainer's, task was to take the selected candidate through strenuous exercises, food management changes and weight training maneuvers to make the transformation necessary for their ideal weight loss. The journey was challenging, painful and sacrificial to the candidate and those close to them as well.
           To make such a drastic transformation such as this, one has to have a mind change. Unless a person has a willing mind to be transformed or make changes in their lifestyle, it will be difficult to accomplish their goals. First, in order to change any situation, your mind has to make the decision to change. Your old mindset will have to be transformed in order to make the change. While attending my workout class last week, the trainer had us doing things on the floor we've never done before. One particular exercise I had trouble with. I said, "I can't do this one" and I sat it out. Something said to me, YES YOU CAN! So, I made up my mind that I could and as she went through it again with us, I kept saying to myself, "YES I CAN, YES I CAN and I did!" The power of the mind is something to behold. My mind said Yes even when my body said no and the mind won!
          Whatever situation you find yourself in today, your mind put it there. Your thoughts direct the flow of activity into and out of your life. Your mind can make you ill, or it can make you well. Your mind can control your relationships; control how you think of yourself; determines whether to be wealthy or poor; happy or sad; be successful or be a failure; be a peacemaker or a confusion-maker, etc. You can transform your situation by transforming you mind. When a person gets fed up with where they are or what they are in, this is the time to make that "Extreme Mind Makeover". God is concerned about our "WHOLE" being. He wants us to have a renewed mind so we can obtain all the blessings He has for his children. Let us be challenged to have an EXTREME MIND MAKEOVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment