Tuesday, June 25, 2013

 
 
IT'S A MIND THING!
(Part 2 of Extreme Mind Makeover Edition)
 
 
(Alesia on a 40ft Zip Line in Texas)

(Mark 4:40) "And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?"
(Mark 9:23) "Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth."

BELIEVE: To place one's trust and confidence in something or someone without knowing the outcome in advance (Alesia's definition)

          The blog posted yesterday dealt with situations where bodily changes were mentioned. Individuals who desired to lose weight were challenged with situations they never faced before. In order for them to get to their goal, it was necessary that they had an Extreme Mind Makeover. A person's mind has to be changed first before anything else can change. Your mind (brain) controls your actions, movements, emotions, desires and every aspect of your life. It is the central control unit of our body.
          Fear of something or someone can seem so real until you choose not to be afraid of it or them. In the text above, the disciples were encountering a storm at sea and they became fearful. They chose to be afraid and could have chosen to believe and rebuke the storm. Jesus chose to have faith and arose and rebuked the storm. The biggest challenge we as human tends to allow to overtake us is FEAR (False Evidence Appearing Real) instead of choosing FAITH (Fantastic Adventure In Trusting Him). Simply put, we should choose to BELIEVE! Jesus said "All things are possible to him the believeth." Not some or that it may happen but it would happen when and if we believe.
          I posted a couple of photos above which visualizes an example of using the mind to overcome fear to believe. At a teacher's retreat while living in Texas, our staff was challenged to go on the Zip line as a teamwork experience and recreational activity. I don't care much for heights and this was not my forte'. Being encouraged by my coworkers, I took the challenge and decided to try it. Fear gripped my mind and my body as I stood next in line to take the leap. The hardest part about the entire ordeal was the "step-off". This is the place at the edge of the platform when you have to jump off with nothing under your feet to brace you. It took me a few minutes before I let go of fear, believed in myself, and went for it. It's so amazing that once I let go, all the fear left. I even did it again and was no longer afraid. It was all a mind thing! No matter what we are afraid of, when we put our faith and trust in God to believe, anything is possible! I challenge you today to let go of your fears,  "step-off" and allow your mind to believe for the impossible! It's a Mind Thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment