Thursday, June 13, 2013

 
GOT BREAD?
 
 
(Job 23:12b) “I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.”
(Matt. 4:4) “But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.”
(Matt. 6:11) “Give us this day our daily bread.”
(Psa. 119:103) “How sweet are thy words unto my taste! Yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth.”

Bread is a food that is necessary to the body which is also one of the main basic food groups. Whatever form or type bread one consumes, its nutrients provide sustenance to the body. There is a store that I frequent on Tuesdays which provides popular-brand honey wheat bread and other type breads to customers for only a dollar. Super deal! This particular day when I visited, the shelf was empty. I asked the store's clerk what had happened and she replied because of the great deal offered, the bread is sold as soon as it hits the shelf. I was disappointed because I wanted this particular bread for our household. Did I give up? Of course not! I visited their other stores only to find they were out as well. Still disappointed, I ended up getting another type wheat bread. It was still tasty but not my regular brand and type.
It is something about the right kind of bread and taste that you acquire that other brands or breads cannot satisfy. The Word of God (our daily bread) is a much needed sustenance to keep our “spiritual being” healthy and fit. We can consume all of types of natural bread, but it will not feed our spiritual being. God’s Word generates life, creates faith and produces change. It frightens the Devil! It was the Word (bread) that Jesus used against him when he went into the wilderness to fast and pray for 40 days. The Word causes miracles, heals hurts, builds character, transforms circumstances and imparts joy. Natural bread cannot begin to do what God’s Word (bread) does for us. It gives hope, releases power, cleanses and purifies our hearts, minds. It brings things into being by just speaking the Word. We cannot live without the Word of God. We must never take it for granted. We should consider it as essential to our lives as food! It will sustain us more than anything.

GOD’S B (Bread) R (Replenishes) E (Energizes) A (Anyone) D (Daily). Lord, give us this day our daily bread! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment